Blue Underground is giving director Larry Cohen’s cult classic God Told Me To a 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray release. Fans of the picture can pick it up starting July 19. The picture features Tony Lo Bianco as a Catholic NYPD detective who is tracking a series of killings by people who claimed that God told them to commit murder.
Larry Cohen (It’s Alive) penned, produced, and directed God Told Me To, which features an array of talented actors. The ensemble includes Deborah Raffin (Death Wish 3), Sandy Dennis (Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?), Sylvia Sidney (Beetlejuice), Andy Kaufman (Taxi) and Richard Lynch (Bad Dreams). The picture is considered one of Lo Bianco’s finest performances on the silver screen, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the feature.
The new 4K restoration was done from the original uncensored negative. Extras include:
- UHD features 2160p Ultra HD resolution and Dolby Vision HDR, with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Remastered Blu-ray is 1080p HD Resolution, with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio
- .Limited edition embossed slipcover (first pressing only)
- Audio commentary with Larry Cohen
- A New Audio commentary with film historians Steve Mitchell and Troy Howarth
- “Heaven & Hell On Earth” – an interview with Tony Lo Bianco
- “Bloody Good Times” – interview with special effects artist Steve Neill
- “God Told Me To Bone” – New Beverly Q&A with Larry Cohen
- Lincoln Center Q&A with Larry Cohen