It took us 3.5 years, but Anderson Cowan and I finally made it to 100 episodes on CinemAddicts. We’ve been picking up the pace lately (two eps. per month) thanks to our Patreon subscribers, and on this show we cover The Peanut Butter Falcon, Ode to Joy, and Love, Antosha. Details and audio of our podcast is below!!
Here is Episode 100’s Breakdown:
- Bonus episode talk (0:00-6:08) – We’re spotlighting the year 1963 this month!
- July recap and Quentin Tarantino Discussion (6:10-25:50) – We briefly talk about The Farewell, The Lion King, Midsommar and Crawl. Anderson also talks about visiting the site of Spahn ranch up in Chatsworth, Ca. (which was featured in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood). Speaking of which, Anderson added that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood may be one of his favorite movies of all time! We also discuss if Margot Robbie’s role as Sharon Tate was pivotal to the narrative.
- Is Anderson excited to watch Hobbs & Shaw? (26:00-27:07)
- My review of the Anton Yelchin documentary Love, Antosha. (27:10-31:33)
- Anderson plans on checking out Piranhas (31:34-32:39)
- I review After The Wedding, a family drama that has one heck of a twist. Opening August 9, feature stars Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore, and Billy Crudup. (32:40-36:03)
- Anderson was initially interested in The Kitchen, but the trailer didn’t exactly draw him in. I also have a few more comments about Love, Antosha regarding director Paul Schrader and Nicolas Cage. (36:29 – 39:10)
- I absolutely loved The Peanut Butter Falcon, which opens August 9 and stars Shia Labeouf, Bruce Dern and Dakota Johnson. (39:12-44:07)
- My review of the New York set romantic comedy Ode to Joy which stars Martin Freeman and Morena Baccarin. (44:12-49:10)
- Anderson’s excited for director Joe Carnahan’s Boss Level and we’re both into watching the adolescent and vulgar comedy Good Boys. We close the show talking about Where’d You Go Bernadette, which stars Cate Blanchett. (49:15-57:31).
So what is your favorite Anton Yelchin film? Anderson and I offer up our personal picks:
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”2″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]