Hobbs & Shaw was the #1 film over the weekend as it took in over $60.8 million at the box office. Coming in second was The Lion King with $38.3 million, followed by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (#3, $20 million). The top 10 films are featured below!
Though budgeted at $200 million, Hobbs & Shaw should rake in a solid profit as it’s already amassed a worldwide gross of $180 million. Here’s the top 10:
- Hobbs & Shaw – $60.8 million.
- The Lion King – Feature has made over $1.2 billion worldwide. This weekend, it takes in $38.2 million domestically.
- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Quentin Tarantino’s latest collects $20 million.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – Spidey’s latest rakes in $7.8 million and domestically it’s amassed over $360 million.
- Toy Story 4 – Animated feature makes $7.2 million.
- Yesterday – Beatles centric feature makes $2.4 million.
- The Farewell – Indie drama collects $2.4 million.
- Crawl – Alligator flick grosses $2.1 million and it’s collected over $36 million domestically. Its budget was just $13.5 million, so expect this feature to turn a profit for Paramount.
- Aladdin – Disney hit is still in the top 10 with $2 million.
- Annabelle Comes Home – Horror film hangs on with $875,00
Have you seen Hobbs & Shaw and is it a movie you would recommend? Feel free to comment below!