Fury was the #1 film over the weekend with a $23.5 million opening. Starring Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, and Shia LaBeouf, Fury is the biggest opening for director David Ayer, whose previous best was the 2012 feature End of Watch (it opened with $12 million).
Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
- Fury – $23.5 million
- Gone Girl – Still going with $17.8 million – over $107 million domestically
- The Book of Life – Animated feature with voices of Diego Luna, Zoe Saldana, and Channing Tatum takes in $17 million.
- Alexander and the Terrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day – $12 million
- The Best Of Me – Not the very best opening for this Nicholas Sparks weeper. $10.2 million
- Dracula Untold – $9.89 million
- The Judge – $7.94 million
- Annabelle – $7.93 million this weekend but a solid $74.1 million domestic to date.
- The Equalizer – $5.45 million
- The Maze Runner – $4.5 million
In the audio clip below, Fury co-stars Logan Lerman and Michael Pena talk about sparring together during the Boot Camp portion of the film.