Guardians of the Galaxy’s box-office dominance continued through the Labor Day Weekend, as it beat all comers with a $16.3 million take. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles also did well, coming in second with $11.7 million, with the romantic drama If I Stay checking in at #3 with $9.26 million. In its second week of release, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For slipped out of the top ten and finished at #14 with a disappointing $2.17 million.
Here’s the top 10 (through Sunday):
- Guardians of the Galaxy – $16.31 million
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – $11.75 million
- If I Stay – Chloë Grace Moretz drama has amassed $29.8 million domestically, a solid figure for this tearjerker. This weekend, it’s made $9.26 million.
- As Above/So Below – Not above or below. Just average. $8.43 million
- Let’s Be Cops – Buddy comedy has turned in over $57 million domestically, making it a sleeper hit for Fox. This weekend’s numbers: $8.2 million
- The November Man – Pierce Brosnan returns to James Bond territory with unsatisfactory results. $7.6 million
- When the Game Stands Tall – Jim Caviezel sports film makes $5.65 million.
- The Giver – $5.25 million
- The Hundred-Foot Journey – $4.6 million
- The Expendables 3 – $3.5 million