The Lion King was the clear cut winner at this weekend’s box office, as it took in $185 million. Coming in second was Spider-Man: Far From Home with $21 million, followed by a third place finish from Toy Story 4 ($14.6 million).
The Lion King’s success also translated overseas, as it’s amassed over $346 million, and coupled with its stateside receipts the feature has made over $531 million. Don’t feel too sad for Spider-Man: Far From Home, as it has made over $889 million worldwide!! Here’s the top 10:
- The Lion King – Feature takes in $185 million.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – Latest Spidey flick rakes in $21 million and to date it’s made over $320 million domestically.
- Toy Story 4 – Pixar’s latest collects $14.6 million and worldwide the film has amassed $859 million.
- Crawl – Gator filled feature makes $6 million and it’s collected $23.8 million domestically since its release. Considering its budget is an estimated $13 million, the flick should make a profit for Paramount.
- Yesterday – Danny Boyle’s Beatles centric tale makes $5.1 million.
- Stuber – Comedy checks in with $4 million.
- Aladdin – Live action remake is still hanging on with $3.8 million. Feature has made over $340 million domestically.
- Annabelle Comes Home – Horror feature collects $2.7 million
- Midsommar – Director Ari Aster’s latest masterpiece takes in $1.5 million.
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 – Animated feature rounds out the top 10 with $1.5 million.